Sunday 5 December 2010

A CASUAL CREAM CHANGE

Some people change their handbag every so often but I think, more than handbags, I have become immensely irregular with the creams I use.

I go through phases where some creams move to the front of my shelf and others move back. And after a shopping trip to Tk Maxx or some random cream-selling shop a new cream sends the fronties to the back.

I  force some in and out of hibernation, which means on random mornings I reach to the back of the shelf and grab an old cream, smell it and go mmmmm like its the first time we've met.  Its like another welcome-to-the-front-of-the-shelf-ceremony when I force my other half to smell it again and again.

However the last time I dug up a buried baby I smelt him and I was like eurgh! Straight in the bin with you! Cannot believe I even used you! Poor guy was organic and kept my skin clear and soft but... he smelt horrid.

I should have read the stink signs a long time ago, when I started to swear by that facial cream, a couple of people who I offered it to wrinkled their noses as soon as I turned the lid. And so here is the dreadful smelling cream...




Aloe Pura's Organic Aloe Vera Lotion - £2.99 at Grahams for 250ml

It looks like how it smells, like soggy leaves. I think Poor Mr Vera needs a wash down for his pong!

I did feel sad getting rid of him, no break up is easy especially when it causes skin break out. As my skin was itchy for a few days and withdrawal symptoms meant a few dry patches too.

Oh well, life goes on and atleast I have made some self discoveries on the way. I believe my 'taste' in creams depends on three things:

(1) Smell -  (bearing in mind my sense of smell changes too)
(2) Bottle/tub packaging - (colourful, funky, attractive)
(3) Soothes my dry/red skin - (very rarely accomplished)

Not very demanding is it?
So here is my new cream...


Body Shop's Strawberry Body Butter - £12.50 for 200ml

The Body Shop site states it is "An intensive creamy all-over body moisturiser, offering up to 24 hours moisturisation with a sweet berry fragrance. It contains moisturizing strawberry seed oil and Community Trade shea and cocoa butter."

It smells delicious and I know body butter probably means not for the face, but I use it as a facial moisturiser as well. Its very softening and hasn't given my sort of sensitive skin spots.

It's only been two weeks since we've been together but I'm loving it. However I still get an itchy feeling sometimes which could be caused by the winter cold or choc. :D

However it does make your face greasy for a while but its absorbed quickly. The smell acts as an overrider for these problems..

And my OH started using it too...

Although the price is a downfall and the tub takes up more space than the others do on my shelf, we are getting along just fine. For Now.

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment